David is TWO!
I cannot believe my baby turned TWO years old yesterday!
I have so many fond memories of my sweet boy. From my pregnancy with him and finding out he was a boy...
To the dramatic way he made his entrance into this world...
We were at my sister-in-law's wedding of all places. I sat down in my seat for the ceremony and literally started having my first true contraction. I remember squeezing Jon's hand and him giving me this knowing look as if to say, "Seriously, now of all times?" I made it through the ceremony and for a few minutes of the reception before my sister, Kristan, convinced me that if I didn't leave then that I would have the baby on the dance floor. She was right. It was a very difficult drive to the hospital and after two failed epidurals, David made his swift and dramatic entrance at 11:01 pm. I can't imagine our family without him in it.
SO grateful that Jon put together this video for us to remember his first year:
And now my baby is turning into such a little man! I love that he is ALL boy - his love for trucks, trains, and all things transportation seems innate. He LOVES to wrestle his Daddy. And yet he has this sweet little affectionate and compassionate side that melts my heart.
At two years old, David:
- is learning to sing songs - he loves "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Down in my Heart"
- loves soccer! It's quite impressive how he can dribble the ball across the backyard. Of course Jon would prefer he develop an affinity for baseball but we can't seem to convince David that you need to use two hands on the bat...
- adores his big sister. He wants to be just like her.
- loves to eat - typically by 9am he has had the equivalent of 3 meals. Lord help me to keep him fed as a teenager!
- loves to play with friends in the culdesac
- loves his cousins
- has started talking a mile a minute. It's so fun to finally know what he is thinking!
Happiest of Birthdays to my sweet boy!