November 2016 Goals
Phew! November is here! I feel like the past few months have been marked with intentional hustle and hard work. And now is the time to finish up all my client galleries and transition into the season of gathering, gratefulness and giving.
I like to use this space as a way to reflect back on the last month (and share some photos of course). Did I accomplish everything I wanted to in October? Of course not. But I don't like to think of goals as a checklist of "shoulds". Instead I want to view them as a roadmap for intentional living. A quick look back at my October Goals:
- Finish 40-Day Prayer Challenge with intention. I highly recommend the book, The Circle Maker! Check! Wow. Loved this little book of gold. One of the things I chose to "circle" in prayer was adoption. It was super powerful to see how God chose to intertwine my business (photography) with my passion for orphan care this month. Not only was I able to photograph my first newborn session with an adoptive family (coming to the blog soon!) but I was able to volunteer with the Adoption Support Alliance's Photo Fundraiser and met so many wonderful families! I can see how God is opening doors and bringing people into our lives to support us in this journey.
- Attend our first Supper Club! Check! This was so fun! Looking forward to hosting this month.
- Plan and host Fall Mini Sessions. Check! I think this was my favorite set of mini sessions ever. Gorgeous venues. The best assistant a girl could ask for. And the sweetest, most photogenic families!
- Volunteer at the Adoption Support Alliance's Fall Photo Fundraiser! Check! This was such a blessing to me. The coolest thing happened - I was prepping for my last session of the day and who walked up, but an old college friend! She adopted a precious boy from China a few months ago and I had the opportunity to photograph her beautiful family! What are the chances? Thanks God!
- Plan a family adventure. Woo hoo - we had a blast at the Renaissance Festival. I'm pretty sure all Jon's dreams came true when we got to eat turkey legs : )
- Cull and organize some personal photos for 2015. Nope. Man, when am I going to get to this?
- Read a book for pleasure. Check! Actually read two and I'm in the middle of another! This month I poured through Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist and The Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner. I loved both! Lots of highlighting! I'm now reading Journey to the Fatherless by Lawrence E. Bergeron. Oh how I love reading.
- Network with others in the industry. Hope to attend a Rising Tide Society local meet up this month! Nope - didn't happen. But I was able to meet several other photographers at the photo fundraiser and connected with others in the industry through the Rising Tide Society's instagram challenge this month!
- Clean out fridge. The fact that this needs to go on my goal list is telling...nope! Must happen before all the entertaining this month!
- Teach kids a memory verse. Love my friend Rebecca's heart and vision for learning scripture - check out her brand new website, Lumin for free monthly discussion questions and scripture memory verse prints. Still want to work on this!
I'm looking forward to the week of November. You think we will actually get some cool, crisp days? Here are my goals for the coming month:
- Keep a servant's heart of hospitality this month as we host loved ones in our home. So let's be honest - entertaining can be stressful. Between cleaning, shopping and prepping sometimes I end up exhausted before the party even starts. But I want to entertain with JOY this month! Any tips on cooking the turkey?
- Edit and deliver all my October photo sessions in a timely manner. It was a record month...I can do it. I can do it.
- Read a book for pleasure. Any recommendations?
- Intentional time with my sister Brittany - she only lives an hour away, but we never get to see one another!
- Make exercise and sleep a priority.
- Host a campfire for the ladies in my neighborhood.
- Date Night with Jon - pretty please?
- Go on a photo scavenger hunt with my daughter. Anna has shown a real interest in photography - I want to take the time to teach and share this passion with her!
- Coffee date with one friend.
Curious about my goal setting process? Well, I just pre-ordered my set of 2017 PowerSheets yesterday! You can find out all about it by watching this video.
Lots of Love,